Welcome to Fine Design Marketplace website located at www.finedesignmarketplace.com.au (Website).
There are two general ways to interact with our Website, namely:
- as an independent seller (Seller) who wishes to sell their products through our website; or
- as a customer (‘Purchaser’) who wishes to purchase products which are displayed through our Online Store.
In the course of interacting with our Website, we may collect personal information about you to allow us to provide you with our services.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is the information that can be associated with a specific person that is capable of identifying that specific person. This includes but is not limited to your names, shipping address, billing address, phone number, email address and the like.
Personal Information is collected directly from you unless there are prevailing conditions that do not allow us to do so. Personal information may be collected when you create an account with us, place an order on our Website, contact us via making an enquiry, ask for a refund or exchange a product or any other dealing with us generally.
Your consent to collection of personal information may be express or implied, for instance, when you agree to terms and conditions that contain information about the use or disclosure of such information.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information because it is necessary for us to establish a contract of sale between a Purchaser and the Seller for the purchase and sale of goods; payment of goods and operative matters related to order and delivery of goods.
BELOW ARE THE TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT:
- Mailing List. Every new visitor on our Website will be invited to join our e-mail list to receive promotional materials related to our events or offers on products. Visitors may enter and browse our Website without subscribing to our mailing list. However, if you have requested or agreed to be on our mailing list via our Website we may request that you provide us with your name and email address.
- User Account and order details. If you wish to purchase products from our Website, then you may create a User Account with us or proceed to Checkout as a Guest. To create an account, you are required to provide information including – your name, your email address, and a password. If you wish to process an order through Checkout then you are required to provide information including – shipping details (recipients name, address, contact number), and billing details (your name, address, contact number). This information is collected to ensure your order is successfully completed and/or to enable communication between you and a member of our team if issues arise with respect to your order. Your User Account information is stored to provide you with the convenience of not having to re-enter information for future orders.
- Purchaser communication. All communication between the Purchaser and a member of our team are recorded including product inquiries, transaction inquiries and delivery inquiries.
- Checkout. If you choose to continue with Checkout, you will be offered a choice of two secure payment options – credit card or PayPal. Our credit facility is provided by a service called Pin Payments. PayPal will require your credit card or direct debit details connected to your PayPal account. We do not store your card details in our own system.
- Order details. For tax and contractual purposes, the details of your transaction are recorded on our system.
- Direct Marketing: If you have signed up to receive our emails or purchased products on our Website we may contact you directly by email. The purpose of these promotional emails is to inform you about products and offers available on our website which is securely hosted by Campaign Monitor. We may use your personal information to send you emails on things you may find interesting or things you may like or need. At the end of each promotional email, we will give you an option to unsubscribe.
- Analytics. We also record the type of browser you are using and your IP address. We use this and other information we collect to analyse, maintain and improve the performance of our Website and ensure that our site design is compatible with your browser and location.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not collect sensitive personal information such as your race, ethnicity, religion, political affiliations, sexual preferences, criminal records or your medical history.
UNSOLICITED PERSONAL INFORMATION
If we receive personal information that we did not solicit, we will within a reasonable period of time determine whether we would have collected that information for our business. If we would not have collected that information, we will destroy the information if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use or disclose your personal information to others to:
- fulfil your order, to communicate with you and to perform our business activities and functions;
- provide it to a buyer, if we sell our business or part of it and the buyer needs your personal information;
- enforce our legal rights;
- protect ourselves from fraud;
- those who provide web hosting, data storage, courier, IT systems and network administration and payment processing services to us and who assist us with operations and customer service, including third parties who send out our newsletters; and
- comply with any other obligations as required or permitted by any law.
We will not send you marketing materials unless you have specifically authorised us to do so by joining or opting into our mailing lists.
USE OF TECHNICAL INFORMATION
When using websites, mobile applications, Internet services and the like, the software automatically creates and records some information. Our Website is no exception and some of the types of information we may record are:
- Log Data. When you visit our Website, as a registered user or as a visitor just browsing, our servers automatically record information about how you use our Website, including your Internet Protocol address, what website you were visiting before you accessed our Website, which browser you use and when you visited our Website;
- Cookies. We may also use industry standard "cookies" or similar technologies to record data;
- Information about your device. We may also collect information about what kind of device you are using to view our Website (such as a computer, mobile phone or tablet), what operating system you are using (such as iOS, Windows or Android) and what your device settings are to assist in the functionality of our Website. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on the type of device you use and its settings.
We may also use the technical information collected by our Website to determine how many people view our Website and how the user arrived at our Website.
We use Google Analytics to measure Website traffic to determine how we can improve our Website and its services, which may enable us to identify the computer you used to access our Website, the time and date of your visit, your viewed pages and documents amongst other things.
We do not use Google Analytics to log your financial or personal information.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are stored by your web browser on your computer or mobile device and are unique to your user account or your browser. They are widely used to hold modest amounts of data specific to a particular user and website in order to “remember” you and your preferences, and to allow the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user
There are two types of cookies used on our Website:
Session Local Cookies. These Cookies are used on single Website visits for authentication purposes and are used to help us understand how you interact with our Website. They expire after 2 hours if the Website is not refreshed or when you exit your browser unless your session is active, then your session persists.
- Persistent Local Cookies. These Cookies are used on multiple repeat visits on our Website. Most pieces of information collected on our website use persistent local storage which: (1) allows us to save your login information for future logins to our Website. This type of Cookie storage is persistent until the private data is deleted by your or your browser.
Cookies ensure a consistent and efficient experience for users and visitors on our Website and perform essential functions such as allowing you to register and remain logged in to your account.
Cookies are used for a variety of different purposes. Some Cookies are necessary for technical reasons; and some enable a personalised experience on our Website for both visitors and registered users.
Some Cookies are strictly essential for our Website, in order for our services to perform their basic functions. This includes allowing account users to authenticate and perform account related functions. Cookies provide us with important performance and analytics data on how users or visitors interact with our Website. This information helps us improve how our Website functions to make it a better and more efficient experience for you.
For functionality purposes, Cookies are used to store preferences set by account users, including information related to account name; language; location etc.
For security purposes, Cookies are used to assist us in identifying and preventing potential security risks for visitors, account users, and general administrators of our Website.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA
If you are a subscriber to our newsletter, we will disclose your email address to Mailchimp.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that those recipients respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
However, we will not be held responsible for the events that may arise out of misuse of your personal information by those recipients or due to the privacy laws of those overseas countries.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonable steps to protect the information collected or held from any misuse, interference, loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may store your information electronically. Electronic information is encrypted and stored on a password protected electronic database which is our own database.
All User Account account details are stored as a hash password, with all databases protected from exposure from external access. All information related to your account, browsing history on our Website will be indefinitely retained until you opt out or request that your information be deleted.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information collected is accurate, complete and up to date. A Purchaser’s information collected via an order is referred to the Seller who has a contractual duty to use the information solely for the purpose of providing products to you as part of your order.
For tax purposes, all information collected or recorded will be retained in the system for five (5) years.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We may provide links to third party websites such as websites of designers which may have different privacy practices than us. Naturally, we do not have any control over these third party websites and they may place their own cookies and other files on your computer and ask you for additional information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of these third party websites and encourage you to read the privacy policies of those websites yourself.
We are not responsible for any malicious code, security threat, etc. that might arise when you access our Website through one of those links.
ACCURACY AND QUALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up to date and complete.
You may request to access any personal information that we hold above you by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also at any time request us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete information that we hold about you by sending a written request to email@example.com.
UPDATING OR CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can change your information on your account whenever you like by logging into your account and/or accessing it via the Online Portal.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
If you have any questions or feedback about privacy or concerns about the way in which we handle your personal information, you may contact us at any time.